May 08, 2012
I’m renovating my services and marketing (yes, again). A process that is incredibly difficult to do when it’s your own stuff. What’s immediately obvious to someone else sometimes takes a brain-bending epiphany when you’re thinking/rethinking your own biz. (I had one the other day, on a power walk, NOT staring into a computer…)
So, I’m asking people - colleagues and clients - to give me input. Getting a lot of excellent advice. One client noted, “One thing you do better than anybody I’ve ever known is ‘find the holes.” You tell me what I’m missing.”
Ironic, isn’t it? I can do it for someone else. Can’t always do (at least not easily) for myself. That’s why they’re called blind spots. We literally can’t see them.
What are you missing? Do you know what you don’t know? Ask someone. Ask several someones.
The further from your reality you can get, the better. If it makes your brain hurt, you may be on to something.
Contact Mary Schmidt Today!
- “We owe you an apology, Mary, about social media.”
- Is The Internet Dead?
- Are You Dealing With “Needflation?”
- Coffee Shop Marketing or F2F (Almost) Always Works.
- All Business is Personal.
- Everything You Do IS Marketing: Cross-Training
- Pivot! Dump Trucks to Dance Hall
- Brain Food
- Do Good. Do Well.
- Start-Up Sanity Checks
- Marketing Troubleshooting
- Pet Peeves
- Social Media Reality Checks
- Web Bytes