Nov 17, 2016
No, these are decidedly “not normal” times and this was not a “politics as usual” election. However, some basic, unchanging truths about biz planning and marketing strategies were well illustrated. Rather you’re an entrepreneur or in an established company, keep the following in mind:
1. Assume all your assumptions are wrong. Then do another scenario, and another.
2. Things that look great on paper go awry in the real world (People aren’t line items on spreadsheets and they will use your product or service in ways you never dreamed.);
3. Communications is often, at best, an illusion. What you say is not necessarily what is heard (or believed.);
4. F2F interaction always beats virtual for closing the deal. (Feel free to disagree. However, how many BIG deals have you closed without real, 3D, look ‘em in the eyeballs interaction?)
Related posts from the archives:
“If People Only Understood (Blank) They Would (Blank.)”
Hope or Homework?
If Entrepreneurs Acted Like Politicians
Coffee Shop Marketing or F2F (Almost) Always Works. (There are no absolute rules. Heh. Doesn’t that make ya nuts?)
What If Your Targets Are Running Away?
Biz Planning: The “What-Ifs” (If you don’t think it’d EVER happen…make a plan for it happening.)
If You Can’t Walk It, Don’t Talk It.
Contact Mary Schmidt Today!
- The Three Most Abused Words in Business
- Best of the Blog: Marketing Troubleshooting
- Best of the Blog: Social Media
- Best of the Blog: Start-Up Sanity Checks
- Best of the Blog: Strategic Planning
- The ONLY New Year’s Resolution You Need (Redux)
- “It’s Almost Painful.”
- Brain Food
- Do Good. Do Well.
- Start-Up Sanity Checks
- Mindful Mondays
- Marketing Troubleshooting
- Pet Peeves
- Social Media Reality Checks
- Web Bytes